Before you decide to wear contact lenses, it is recommended to consult an ophthalmologist in order to find out if this is the best thing for you. Whether you choose them instead of glasses or for purely aesthetic reasons, you need to know some rules that ophthalmologists recommend to people who wear contact lenses.
Cleaning Your Contact Lenses Properly
It is also important to be aware of the symptoms you might confront with if you start wearing the lenses for too long without removing them, including depriving the cornea of in taking oxygen.
If you do not remove the lenses in time, you can confront the following problems:
- Blurred vision
- Light Sensitivity
In this situation, you must immediately remove the lenses and make an ophthalmic check to avoid further complications.
If you have extended lenses, remove and disinfect them every single night. If you wear disposable lenses, do not use them without the recommendation of the ophthalmologist.
The Golden Rules When it Comes to Maintaining and Cleaning Your Contact Lenses
- Always read the instructions provided.
- Keep the lenses clean.
- Wash your hands before touching the contact lenses.
- Use only recommended solutions to soften and clean contact lenses.
- Keep a pair of eyeglasses as a backup if a problem requires contact lenses to be interrupted for a while.
- Follow the recommendations and instructions of your ophthalmologist.
- Do not touch the lenses with your nails.
- Respect the daily cleaning ritual!.
The Cleaning Ritual
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water.
- Put the lens in the middle of the palm and pour the cleaning solution over it.
- Using the index finger, gently massage the lens to remove deposits and impurities.
- Put the clean lenses in the specially designed container, cover each lens with the disinfectant solution and keep for at least 4 hours.
- After performing this cleaning routine, you can use them again.
Points To remember!
- Do not dilute or reuse the solution in the container
- Do not rinse the lens or container with tap water
- Do not borrow lenses to/from other people.