A migraine is basically a headache that, most of the times, appears from nowhere, has a medium or higher intensity and the power of screwing up our entire day. The power of concentration is diminished and social life becomes influenced in a negative way.
Every single person on this Earth experienced migraine at one point, but what you actually didn’t know was the fact that these nasty migraines are not triggered by the same causes and do not have the same characteristics.
Most Common Causes of Migraines Are:
- After long journeys.
- After numerous sleepless nights.
- During a diet.
- Before period.
- After consuming cheese or red wine.
Ways to Get Rid of Headache Within 60 Seconds
Although its causes and intensity levels may be different, before trying anything else, like taking a pill, you should try one of these super-easy tricks, that will not take less than a minute:
- Bite a Pencil
When we are nervous and stressed, without realizing, we clench our teeth. To prevent this, what you should literally do is to place a pencil between your teeth. It will relax your jaw and alleviate your headache.
- Use Mint
If you suffer from sinusitis or allergies, massage your forehead with peppermint oil. Put a little bit of olive oil in the palm of your hand and mix it with a little bit of peppermint oil.
Apply the mix on your forehead, and massage your temples gently. Place a little bit on the tip of your nose and wait one minute.
This is an ancient method that focuses on certain points of our body to reduce or eliminate pain completely. Massage your index finger if a migraine is giving hard times and you might become surprised by the effects.
Chinese Acupressure Technique to Cure Migraines
- Acupressure includes eight different points in our body meant to prevent or treat migraines.
- To prevent or treat these, it is recommended to follow the instructions exactly as in the picture below.
- Press and massage very slowly but vigorously for 30 seconds.
- Massage the lines above and below the eyebrows (the contour of the eyebrows)
- Use the middle finger and massage under, over the eyebrows, or the by using the joints of your fingers, while pressing the area slowly.
- Use three fingers to circle the temples, then press vigorously and massage slowly for 30 seconds.
- There are actually two occipital points. Use your fingertips and massage vigorously with upward movements for 30 seconds.
What are the Causes?
Doctors are not 100% sure what is the exact factor that triggers a migraine.
Until recently, it was thought a headache is mostly caused by the blood vessels in our brain, which dilate after they become contracted.
A more recent theory suggests that a wave of electrical activity is being initiated in our brains and begins to send confused signals, which eventually turn into symptoms.
A multitude of diseases such as sinusitis, dental abscesses, increased eye tension, meningitis, head trauma, aneurysm, glaucoma, flu, high blood pressure are accompanied by severe or moderate headaches, so you should definitely ask for specialized help immediately, even though some of these hacks turned out as useful.