One of the most annoying problems of the hot season is the emergence of flies. The presence of these annoying little creatures in your home is not only unhealthy but it’s also an irritating factor that can distract you from doing your chores.
These flies are also the carriers of some really dangerous diseases and if you have kids, preventing their access into the house it’s crucial.
Simple Steps to Get Rid of Flies
- Secure Your Windows With Protective Nets
Whether you are living in a flat or in a huge house, installing these protective nets to your windows, even to some of your doors, might save you from a headache during the summer.
- The smell of cloves will flush flies out within minutes.
- You can place a few dried leaves in small sachets and you can even place them near the windows.
- Lavender, mint, laurel, and eucalyptus are also great options when it comes to “chasing” flies away.
- Insecticide Spray
- The market is saturated with these products but, unfortunately, not all of them provide the promised results.
- According to some forums and websites specialized in gardening, some of the most efficient products are Fendona, Muskill and Protect.
- These are great because they can be used both outdoors and indoors and they come in various shapes and forms (sprays, granules).
- If you spray these on your stairs, terrace, window nets by following the instructions on the packaging, they should do the trick.
- Ultrasound Machines
- Another option is to use an ultrasound device. Big companies, high-end stores, and even restaurants adopted this strategy to get rid of flies because it doesn’t generate any sounds or any odors.
- These devices are equipped with high-frequency ultrasound emitters and flies perceive them as a danger because it affects their central nervous system.
- Ultrasounds are super safe in terms of having children around or pets, they also don’t interfere with other electronic and home appliances and they are inexpensive.
- Use a Vacuum Cleaner
- Yes. I am talking about the same vacuum cleaner that you guys are using when you are cleaning the house. Besides the fact it’s a clean solution because it doesn’t imply harmful substances, it’s also the quickest one.
- Muscles that have already entered the house can be caught using a regular vacuum cleaner or using a mini insect vacuum cleaner. The vacuum cleaner is a clean solution without harmful substances and without contact with the bite.
- Electric or a Normal Fly Swatter
- We all know what a fly swatter is, but only a few know there is also one that works by electrifying the insects.
- Traps for Flies
- Flies traps are some of the most efficient solutions because they have a single entrance blocking the exit.
- Pitfalls are made of transparent glass filled with vinegar or a sugary liquid meant to attract these little fellows.
- These can also be used both indoors and outdoors.
- Stickers and adhesive tapes
- Another object similar to a trap is the sticker or the adhesive tape.
- Stickers can be glued to windows or other surfaces flies are drawn to. The product is odorless and does not generate toxic emissions.
- The only disadvantage is the fact they are not very “pleasing for the eye”.